Pulled Chicken Nachos with Persian Fetta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets – 150gm each
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400gm canned chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 1 chipotle chilli in adobo (available at specialty grocers & some supermarkets)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 200gm (1 cup) canned black beans, drained
- 250gm corn chips or tortilla chips
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 and a half fresh jalapeño chillies, finely chopped, or to taste
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ ripe avocados
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive
- 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
Pre heat oven to 160 °C (fan forced).
Heat oil in a large casserole or oven proof saucepan over medium-high heat, add chicken and brown remove from pan and (4-5 mins), then set aside.
Add onion and garlic to casserole, sauté until soft (4-5 mins), add spices and season to taste.
Deglaze pan with vinegar, add tomato, stock, chipotle, oregano and chicken. Bring to a simmer, and then cook in oven, turning chicken occasionally, until tender (50 mins to 1 hour).
Set aside to cool slightly, then shred chicken, stir in beans and season to taste.
For tomato salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and set aside for flavours to develop (10-15 mins).
For avocado crema, process all ingredients in a small food processor until smooth, season to taste, cover and refrigerate until required.
Increase oven to 180°C.
Scatter chips on a large baking tray, top with chicken and bean mixture, scatter with Persian Fetta then bake until golden and bubbling (10-12 mins).
Serve topped with radish, salsa, avocado and coriander.
serves 4–6ingredients Flatbreads 700g self-raising flour 700g natural yoghurt 1 tsp baking powder sea salt Middle Eastern Lamb 200g lamb mince 1 large tomato finely diced 1 small brown onion grated 2 cloves garlic crushed ¼ tsp ground coriander 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon...
serves 4–6ingredients 250g dried fettuccine 4 tbsp olive oil 4 tbsp golden shallots, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 4 tbsp white wine 2 cups cream 120g Yarra Valley Dairy Fresh Goats Cheese, crumbled 370g hot smoked salmon, torn into chunky pieces 2...
serves 4–6ingredients 2-2 ½ kg leg of lamb -boneless, butterflied 1tsp salt flakes Cracked pepper 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta 1 cup herbs (a mix of the following) thyme, sage, rosemary 1 cup continental parsley 10 cloves garlic 1 tbsp lemon zest ½ tsp...