Paella with Firey
- 1 chorizo sausage, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ each of a fresh green and a fresh red pepper (capsicum) finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- a good pinch of saffron
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 200g paella rice Bomba or Calasparra
- 100g roasted peppers (capsicum) in a jar or from a deli
- ½ tin or 200g diced tomatoes
- 700ml fish or chicken stock (with 200ml extra on hand)
- 8 mussels, de-bearded
- 12 clams or pipi’s
- 12 prawns deveined, tails on
- 2 squid tubes (calamari) scored and cut into triangles
- 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Firey
- 2 lemons 1 cut into wedges for garnish
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
Heat a paella pan or large frying pan on medium heat. Add two good lugs of olive oil, allow to heat slightly then add your chorizo sausage. Sauté the chorizo for 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally, then add the chopped fresh peppers, onion, garlic, saffron, salt and pepper. Sauté for approx. 10 mins or till veg start to soften.
Add the rice and roasted peppers (capsicum), stir till the rice is coated in all the pan goodness. Add the tinned tomatoes and stock, and a touch more seasoning. Reduce to a gentle simmer, stirring often for approx. 15 mins. Should the rice not be fully cooked or the dish appears too dry, add extra stock and stir.
Add the mussels, clams and prawns and continue to simmer for 5 mins. The prawns should be turning pink and the mussels and clams will begin to open.
Add the squid (calamari) and cook for another 4-5 mins.
Remove from heat and discard any mussels or clams that didn’t open. Check seasoning, adding more if needed. Squeeze over the juice of one lemon and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Finish by crumbling generously with the Yarra Valley Dairy Firey. Serve with lemon wedges.
serves 4–6ingredients 2-2 ½ kg leg of lamb -boneless, butterflied 1tsp salt flakes Cracked pepper 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta 1 cup herbs (a mix of the following) thyme, sage, rosemary 1 cup continental parsley 10 cloves garlic 1 tbsp lemon zest ½ tsp...
serves 4ingredients 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta ⅓ cup pomegranate molasses ⅓ cup lemon juice 1 tsp sumac Salt and pepper to taste 2-3 baby cos lettuce cut into wedges. 2 Lebanese cucumbers finely sliced 12 red radishes finely sliced 6 spring onions...
serves 4ingredients 2 sheets puff pastry 1-2 chorizo sausage sliced thinly ½ zucchini julienned with a peeler or a mandolin ⅓ cup peas 4 eggs 1 cup cream 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta, drained from oil keeping aside some fetta to use in salad garnish SALAD...